Tuesday, September 28, 2010

i only have eyes for you

You came and stood in front of me,
you shined just like a fire light.
I said to him with such clarity,
that one day you too would see mine.
That one day you'd see the way I shine.

It took more patience than i'm used to,
to find the right things to say.
In my waiting I found virtue,
and I found you were worth the wait.
That you're worth whatever time it takes.

Cause your eyes just make the moon jealous,
all the stars align to speculate
that who of you or the sun would save the world
cause when you work all night he's just too late
and in the morning he follows you awake.

You hold the weight of the world in voices
thousands of stories told and not yet told
and you pardon me your way through the masses
to speak humanity into the cold
to give a damn if you could be so bold

and I could sit and listen for hours
to every story you could put to words
and when you finish you stop and cue me to
hold all the pain and the joy that I just heard
and hold you too, but loose like a baby bird

cause you smile and make the moon jealous
stars look to you to prefect their technique
you worked it out with the sun non-violently
so that you both could finally get some sleep
but I'll always choose yours over him for me
cause it the way you shine that gives me eyes to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment